Welcome to The Racquets Club – home of La Manga Club’s new world class tennis, padel and fitness facilities
Since its creation back in 1972, La Manga Club Resort has become one of Europe’s best loved sports and holiday destinations providing the perfect blend of exceptional sports facilities, sunshine, idyllic surrounds, luxury accommodation and Spanish charm.
Situated at the heart of the Resort, The Racquets Club is undergoing an exciting transformation to upgrade facilities and install a state-of-the-art fitness hub and padel centre, completion early Spring 2022.
If you are a tennis enthusiast, La Manga Club could easily be defined as the ultimate tennis resort in Spain. Located at the very heart of La Manga Club resort, the internationally renowned La Manga Tennis Centre is one of Europe’s finest outdoor facilities and is the focal point for many of the resort’s sporting activities. The wonderful climate and floodlit courts mean that you can enjoy a match all year round, day or night.
La Manga Club Tennis Centre has played host on a number of occasions to such prestigious events as the Davis Cup and the Fed Cup, as well as numerous ATP tournaments. La Manga Tennis Club is also proud to be an official partner of Tennis Europe.
There are 28 tennis courts to choose from, including 20 clay courts, four hard courts and four artificial grass courts, as well as two paddle tennis courts and a squash court, not to mention a pro shop, equipment hire services, racket service centre, fitness centre and numerous other services.
La Manga Club’s superb tennis facilities are complemented by a top-notch Tennis Academy offering first-class tuition for all ages, all under the expert guidance of our team of tennis professionals.
At La Manga Club, we aim to provide ‘tennis for everyone’. Adult and junior tennis players will find coaching programmes tailored to their needs and level. From the informal Welcome Day on Sundays to the weekly tennis tournaments and friendly matches, we help you meet fellow players and feel part of the friendly social atmosphere that reigns at the La Manga Tennis Club.
There are also special terms for visiting tennis coaches and teams. Beginners and experienced players alike are sure to enjoy their perfect tennis holiday.
La Manga Club Tennis & Academy Rates
Click the button below (or right click and save) to view our La Manga Tennis & Academy Rates for 2022 as a PDF file.
To view the information, you will need PDF reading software installed, such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
La Manga Tennis Academy
La Manga Tennis Academy offers a winning combination of on-court coaching led by our enthusiastic team of multilingual qualified and experienced tennis professionals with La Manga Club’s own unique methodology.
Whether you are a complete beginner, a keen amateur, a club player or an aspiring professional, at La Manga Club Tennis Academy you will receive all the guidance and coaching necessary to bring your game up to the next level. To optimise your learning experience, all courses have a maximum of 6 players per pro. And to put your new skills to the test, there is a lively programme of social tennis matches, tournaments and club afternoons.
Players taking part in a La Manga Tennis Academy course also enjoy a host of other benefits such as welcome and farewell drinks; use of the tennis centre gym, sauna and jacuzzi; daily stroke demonstrations; special rates for court hire, tournament participation, private lessons and the Weekend Warriors academy when booked in addition to another adult academy; and discount at the Pro Shop.
Adult academy options include 5-day courses or private lessons. Read on for more details.
Because academy courses are subject to both minimum and maximum numbers of participants, we highly recommend you book well in advance. In the unlikely event that the minimum number (3 participants) is not met, you will be offered private coaching to the same value.
Adult Academy Courses
10 Hour Academy – Monday to Friday
La Manga Club’s most popular academy course over the last 20 years, which will help players improve all major aspects of their game.
- Two hours on-court coaching (9.00 – 11.00).
- Runs every week of the year.
- Monday: Forehands and 1st serve using drills and live ball situations.
- Tuesday: Backhands and 2nd serves using drills and live ball situations.
- Wednesday: Volleys using drills and live ball situations.
- Thursday: Transition game and doubles tactics.
- Friday: Review of all concepts and application in tournament situation.
15 Hour Tactical Academy – Monday to Friday
A super-effective, intensive 5-day programme with an in-depth focus on technical, tactical and mental aspects of the game.
- Unbeatable value for money.
- Three hours coaching and match play per day.
- 09.00 – 11.00 Adult academy (as per 10-hour programme).
- 15.00 – 16.00 Tactical clinic.
8 Hour Weekend Warriors Academy
The perfect opportunity to improve your game in just one intensive long weekend.
- Friday: 16.00 – 18.00 Forehand and 1st serve – a mix of specific trolley drills and live ball situations, focusing on technical and tactical aspects. Consistency and shot selection – defensive, neutral and attacking skills.
- Saturday: 11.00 – 13.00 Backhand and 2nd serve – a mix of specific trolley drills and live ball situations, focusing on technical and tactical aspects. Footwork and balance. 16.00 – 18.00 Match play.
- Sunday: 11.00 – 13.00 Net play – covering volleys and overheads, focusing on technique, movement and court position.
Individual Coaching – 45mins
If you prefer the benefits and exclusivity of private coaching or are unable to take part in a full academy course, our resident professionals are available for one-to-one lessons and can design a tailor-made tennis coaching programme adapted to your specific requirements.
Group and private coaching sessions are for all ages and standards of player, whether individual, groups, teams or clubs.
For more details about Individual Coaching, please contact La Manga Club tennis centre.
Junior Academy Courses
La Manga Club is the ideal place for youngsters to develop an early interest in tennis, practice and improve their match skills or put their game to the test in one of our junior competitions.
- Dates: Available all year, subject to a minimum of 3 participants.
- Days: Monday to Friday (5 days).
12 To 19 & Under
These academies are suitable for all levels and cover all major aspects of the game through a structured programme at the appropriate intensity for the group. Our team of highly qualified teaching professionals make tuition both fun and competitive.
10 hours per week: –
- U12 2 hours coaching per day (11:00 – 13:00 hrs).
- U15 2 hours coaching per day (11:00 – 13:00 hrs).
- U19 2 hours coaching per day (11:00 – 13:00 hrs).
15 hours per week: –
- As above but 3 hours coaching per day (11.00 – 14.00 hrs).
6 To 9 & Under
Following the official guidelines of the International Tennis Federation (ITF) we are delighted to introduce ‘tennis 10s: Slower Balls, Smaller Courts, Easy Game. Using slower balls helps players to develop the most efficient technique and to implement advanced tactics that, in most cases, could not be performed with a yellow ball on the full court.
- U6 Red ball, played on a smaller court (15.00 – 16.00 hrs; Jul/Aug only 18.00 – 19.00 hrs) Mon-Fri.
- U8 Orange ball, 50% slower than a yellow ball, played on a slightly smaller court (09.00 – 11.00 hrs) Mon-Fri.
- U9 Green ball 25% slower but played on a full court (09.00 – 11.00 hrs) Mon-Fri.
La Manga Club Elite Academy is designed for players aged 19 and under who want to improve their technical, tactical, physical and mental level through an intense 27 or 17-hour weekly training programme on clay. Throughout the programme, players will increase their understanding of the game and gain an insight into a pro players training regime, helping to maximise their potential.
- Registration on Sunday afternoon.
- 3 or 6 hours coaching per day, Monday to Friday.
- Tennis specific physical training.
- 12, 15 and 19 & under programmes.
- Coach to player ratio no more than 1:4.
- Players can choose to take part in the full programme (27 hours) or the morning/afternoon sessions only (17 hours).
Please remember that the Elite Academy is an intensive training camp for which a minimum playing standard is essential. As such, we reserve the right to switch players into a more suitable coaching programme if this minimum standard is not met. Please be assured that we are committed to providing appropriate tennis coaching for all levels and will never turn a player away without providing an alternative coaching programme.
Energetic youngsters can take part in 2 different academies in the same week with our sport packages and receive a 20% discount. This applies to tennis, football & rugby only.
*Please note that times are provided as a guide; actual times may vary depending on the time of year; please always re-confirm with Tennis Reception.